Flume >> mail # user >> syslog source - sinks without datetime/hostname

Re: syslog source - sinks without datetime/hostname
Hi Filip,

The reason for this is that the Text serializer will only serialized the body of the event, and the syslog sources write the body of the syslog event into the body of the flume event. The hostname/timestamp/severity etc are added into the Flume Event headers. You could simply write a serializer which writes out this information in the same format as you expect and you will be able to see the headers in the files. You could use the Avro serializer to serialize it into avro too, which will make sure the headers are also written out.

Hope this helps.
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan