Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: perf testing

Re: perf testing
On 10/27/2011 10:55 AM, Jay Kreps wrote:
> That is a good point, what stats would you recommend. Ideally it would be
> good to get something we can pull from jmx.

Not from JMX, but other than dealing with the less than friendly format
format I've had luck in the past deriving meaning from the various
"print gc info" settings:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cassandra/trunk/conf/cassandra-env.sh?r1=1043261&r2=1043262&

I agree that heap turning is great to get to, but I think latency
measurements will already be able to identify if we are experience
problems with pauses.