Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
HBase >> mail # dev >> HEADSUP: Working on new 0.96.0RC


Copy link to this message
-
Re: HEADSUP: Working on new 0.96.0RC
To me it feels like HBASE-9724 should go into 0.96.  We're not releasing a
new rc tonight, it seems really weird to hold up a bug fix to try and hit
some unknown, and un-agreed upon, deadline.
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> > Anyways, if you fellas can't wait anymore, just say and we'll figure out
>> something.
>> As I see it, HBASE-9563 is committed,
>
>
> It is still open and committed with qualification "Stack:...Was going to
> try this first but likely needs more..."  and "Elliott: +1 I think it's
> an improvement even if it doesn't 100% fix the master issue."
>
>
>
>> and HBASE-9696 is not a blocker
>> against 0.96. But if you argue that 9696 is indeed a blocker, let's raise
>> it as such.
>
>
>
> Agree.
>
>
>
>> There is no point in creating an RC, an immediately sinking it
>> if we cannot verify the RC for a +1. We don't run into data loss issues
>> anymore which is why I still think we can release 0.96 even without 9696
>> and 9724. Nothing is preventing us to release 0.96.1, with this and more
>> fixes in let's say a couple of weeks or months.
>>
>> I guess let's wait for tomorrow to see whether there is any progress on
>> 9563 and 9696.
>>
>
> Yes.  Lets take this up tomorrow.  Elliott and I are on the master issue,
> HBASE-9563, this evening.
>
> Thanks Enis,
> St.Ack
>