HBase >> mail # user >> Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase

Re: Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase
Let me be clear about the amount of testing I did: extremely little.  I
should also point out that at first I did not appreciate fully the meaning
of you earlier comment to Vijay saying "this is a little off" --- I now
realize you were in fact saying that Vijay told me to do things backward.

Since my note saying the backward approach worked, two things have
happened: (1) someone make a link to it from (
http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html), and (2) Ryan Rowson replied
saying, in no uncertain terms, that the backward approach is unreliable. I
would not have noticed a reliability issue in the negligible testing I
did.

Having gotten two opposite opinions, I am now unsure of the truth of the
matter.  Is there any chance of Vijay and Ryan agreeing?

Thanks,
Mike Spreitzer
SMTP: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Lotus Notes: Mike Spreitzer/Watson/IBM
Office phone: +1-914-784-6424 (IBM T/L 863-)
AOL Instant Messaging: M1k3Sprtzr