HDFS >> mail # dev >> HDFS read/write data throttling

+
lohit 2013-11-11, 18:59
+
Adam Muise 2013-11-11, 19:27
Re: HDFS read/write data throttling
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. The changes I was referring was in FileSystem.java
layer which should not affect HDFS Replication/NameNode operations.
To give better idea this would affect clients something like this

conf.setInt("read.bandwitdh.mbpersec", 20); // 20MB/s
FileSystem fs = FileSystem.get(conf);

FSDataInputStream fis = fs.open("/path/to/file.xt");
fis.read(); // <-- This would be max of 20MB/s

Have a Nice Day!
Lohit
+
Haosong Huang 2013-11-12, 02:16