HBase, mail # user - How many column families in one table ?

Re: How many column families in one table ?
Vimal Jain 2013-07-01, 08:44
Thanks Dhaval/Michael/Ted/Otis for your replies.
Actually , i asked this question because i am seeing some performance
degradation in my production Hbase setup.
I have configured Hbase in pseudo distributed mode on top of HDFS.
I have created 17 Column families :( . I am actually using 14 out of these
17 column families.
Each column family has around on average 8-10 column qualifiers so total
around 140 columns are there for each row key.
I have around 1.6 millions rows in the table.
To completely scan the table for all 140 columns  , it takes around 30-40
minutes.
Is it normal or Should i redesign my table schema ( probably merging 4-5
column families into one , so that at the end i have just 3-4 cf ) ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain