Hi,

I'm wondering is there a way to control sqoop jobs out through java API
from of the Hadoop cluster?

I'm using Sqoop 1.4.6 since Sqoop2 is not production ready. I have a Hadoop
cluster with sqoop client and hive running. Everything works fine if I
create and exec sqoop job on one of the servers in the Hadoop cluster.
Is it possible to control the creation/deletion/exec of Sqoop job in a java
application on a server out of the Hadoop cluster? What shall I do if I
want to run "sqoop job --list" through Java application from remote server
out of the hadoop cluster?

I searched around for a solution but with no lucky. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.

-Kaijie