That is an excellent point Hari, thank you for raising it! Considering that OraOop has been released several times by Quest and later by Dell, I do not believe that David owns the rights. And as a result I don't think that he can simply submit the connector as a patch on JIRA and grant us required rights. It seems that much better way is for Dell to submit a Software Grant [1] first, ensuring that we have the legal part covered.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt