Hi Szabolcs,

I really welcome this initiative, it would be a huge clean up on this
project!

I already took a look at your pull request and it indeed looks pretty
straightforward.

I will perform a deeper review and publish it on the Review Board otherwise
+1 from my side for the idea in general, 1.5 release would be a good target
for this.

Thanks for taking this effort!

Cheers.
Bogi