HBase >> mail # user >> Re: HBase aggregate query

Re: HBase aggregate query
iwannaplay games <funnlearnforkids@...> writes:

> Hi ,
>
> I want to run query like
>
> select month(eventdate),scene,count(1),sum(timespent) from eventlog
> group by month(eventdate),scene
>
> in hbase.Through hive its taking a lot of time for 40 million
> records.Do we have any syntax in hbase to find its result?In sql
> server it takes around 9 minutes,How long it might take in hbase??
>
> Regards
> Prabhjot

Hi,
In our internal testing using server-side coprocessors for aggregation, we've
found HBase can process these types of queries very quickly: ~10-12 seconds
using a four node cluster. You need to chunk up and parallelize the work on the
client side to get this kind of performance, though.
Regards,

James