Hi,

From what I can tell, that's an error in Ranger, not in Spark, as you can
see by the package where the exception is thrown.
Spark Thrift server in this instance is merely trying to call a Hadoop API,
which then gets hijacked by Ranger.

Your best bet is to look at the case in question, try to fix that bug in
Ranger, and then see where the original authentication exception comes from.
I'm assuming this is a combination of an unexpected/untested Exception,
Spark Thrift being an "always-on" HDFS client, or a bug in Ranger, probably
when hijacking the classpath of HDFS, which leads to the required Exception
not being overwritten with the variant which contains that cast
implementation.

I would recommend taking that to Hortonworks or what Ranger open source
support exists.
On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 10:42 AM quentinlam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>