That test case is trying to test the backward compatibility of
`HiveExternalCatalog`. It downloads official Spark releases and creates
tables with them, and then read these tables via the current Spark.

About the download link, I just picked it from the Spark website, and this
link is the default one when you choose "direct download". Do we have a
better choice?

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 3:05 AM, Shivaram Venkataraman <