This makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, Mridul.

As Sean pointed out - a contrib module quickly turns into a legacy code
base that becomes hard to maintain. From that perspective, I think the idea
of a separate sparkbank github that is maintained by Spark contributors
(along with users who wish to contribute add-ons like you've described) and
adhere to the code quality and reviews like the main project seems
appealing. And then not just sparkbank but other things that people might
want to have as a part of the project but doesn't belong to the core
codebase can go there? I don't know if things like this have come up in the
past pull requests.

-Amandeep

PS: I'm not a spark committer/contributor so take my opinion fwiw. :)