HBase >> mail # user >> increment counters via bulk upload in HBase

Re: increment counters via bulk upload in HBase
> Is there a way to increment counters in HBase via bulk upload?

I thought about maybe doing this once, as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3936, but we decided to resolve
it as maybe something to try later if there was ever a compelling need. I
wonder if doing the in memory merge of most recent value with increments
found in HFiles submitted for bulk import would perform any better than
just incrementing with the client API (perhaps with some level of
batching). Seems a complicated undertaking with unclear benefit. Would
still be interesting to try as a experiment someday though.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)