HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

+1
Java has done the bulk of the work in making Hadoop multi-platform.
Windows specific code is a tiny percentage of the code.
Jeninks support for windows is going help us keep the platform portable going forward.
I expect that the vast majority of new commits have  no problems. I propose that we start by fixing problems that Jenkins raises but not block new commits for too long if the author does not have a windows box or if a volunteer does not step up.

sanjay