HBase >> mail # user >> Coprocessor / threading model

+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-01-13, 00:06
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 02:39
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-13, 02:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 03:58
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-13, 10:04
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-01-13, 10:42
+
Anoop John 2013-01-13, 16:12
+
Wei Tan 2013-01-15, 18:44
+
Varun Sharma 2013-01-15, 18:56
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-15, 19:20
+
Wei Tan 2013-01-15, 22:41
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-16, 04:39
Re: Coprocessor / threading model
Please take a look at hbase-6651 which improves thread safety of table pool.

Are you using hbase 0.94 ?

Thanks

On Jan 12, 2013, at 4:06 PM, Adrien Mogenet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm experiencing some issues with CP. I'm trying to implement an indexing
> solution (inspired by Annop's slides). In pre-put, I trigger another Put()
> in an external table (to build the secondary index). It works perfect for
> one client, but when I'm inserting data from 2 separate clients, I met
> issues with HTable object (the one used in pre-Put()), because it's not
> thread-safe. I decided to move on TablePool and that fixed my issue.
>
> But if I increase the write-load (and concurrency) HBase is throwing a OOM
> exception because it can't create new native threads. Looking at HBase
> metrics "threads count", I see that roughly 3500 threads are created.
>
> I'm looking for documentation about how CPs are working with threads :
> what/when should I protect against concurrency issues ? How may I solve my
> issue ?
>
> Help is welcome :-)
>
> --
> Adrien Mogenet