Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Command-line arg instead of myid file?

Command-line arg instead of myid file?
The "myid" file is currently causing me a fair bit of grief because I have
to manually create the file on each host in my cluster.

Is there a philosophical reason why it wouldn't be possible to change
ZooKeeper to support a command-line argument instead of the myid file? Then
I could provide custom launch args to each instance while leaving the host
bootstrapping alone.
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-09-30, 21:19
+