Zookeeper >> mail # user >> why zookeeper bind 0.0.0.0 at mitihomed server

+
Isaac 2011-06-15, 03:33
+
Isaac 2011-06-15, 05:24
+
Isaac 2011-06-15, 05:32
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-15, 07:53
+
Isaac 2011-06-15, 10:14
+
Patrick Hunt 2011-06-16, 17:14
+
Kiall Mac Innes 2011-06-15, 12:52
Re: why zookeeper bind 0.0.0.0 at mitihomed server
I suggested something similar a while back.  I too don't see a reason to
bind to all interfaces when we know the interface other servers are going to
contact us on.  See this thread, where I propose a patch.  If there's
interest, I can attach this patch to a JIRA you open.  I've been using this
for about a year now.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-zookeeper-dev/201008.mbox/%3CAANLkTikkT97Djqt3CU=H2+[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E

~Jared

+