MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: What is the preferred way to pass a small number of configuration parameters to a mapper or reducer

Re: What is the preferred way to pass a small number of configuration parameters to a mapper or reducer
If it is a small number, A seems the best way to me.

On Friday, December 28, 2012, Kshiva Kps wrote:

> Which one is current ..
>

> What is the preferred way to pass a small number of configuration
> parameters to a mapper or reducer?
>

> *A.  *As key-value pairs in the jobconf object.
>
> * *
>
> *B.  *As a custom input key-value pair passed to each mapper or reducer.
>
> * *
>
> *C.  *Using a plain text file via the Distributedcache, which each mapper
> or reducer reads.
>
> * *
>
> *D.  *Through a static variable in the MapReduce driver class (i.e., the
> class that submits the MapReduce job).
>

> *Answer: B*

+
Jonathan Bishop 2012-12-30, 19:00
+
Niels Basjes 2012-12-30, 19:38
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-12-31, 08:17
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-31, 16:03
+
nagarjuna kanamarlapudi 2012-12-30, 19:02
+
Jonathan Bishop 2012-12-30, 19:08
+
nagarjuna kanamarlapudi 2012-12-30, 08:31
+
Michael Segel 2012-12-30, 16:27