HBase >> mail # user >> hbase java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not instantiate a region instance after upgrade

hbase java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not instantiate a region instance after upgrade
Hi, after migrating from cdh3 to cdh4 (for safety copying hbase folder
to new cluster) I get this error on some of the tables.

 Failed open of
region=dd,llk-llq,1343345224610.48056c620e9f42d822551e10d73c500e.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not instantiate a region instance.
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.newHRegion(HRegion.java:3123)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:3254)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.openRegion(OpenRegionHandler.java:331)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.process(OpenRegionHandler.java:107)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:169)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor9.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.newHRegion(HRegion.java:3120)
... 7 more
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.loadTableCoprocessors(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:133)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.<init>(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:125)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.<init>(HRegion.java:376)
... 11 more

I found this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6294

--In a similar vain I found it impossible to switch a cluster from
HBase <= 0.94 to HBase 0.96 (protobufs) without wiping the ZK state.
--We typically say that the ZK is not important for operating HBase,
but that is not strictly true. For example we need to the ZK state for
replication.

If this is the case, how do I wipe the ZK state?
--
Håvard Wahl Kongsgård
Faculty of Medicine &

http://havard.security-review.net/