Accumulo >> mail # dev >> One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 15:23
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 19:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 21:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 21:53
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 22:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 01:49
Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
I personally would prefer if we changed our formatter to have no spaces on
blank lines.  git calls these "whitespace errors" when you're applying a
patch.

Billie
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wouldn't that rule conflict with our formatter? I'm pretty sure our
> formatter allows "blank" lines to be indented with spaces.
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM, David Medinets
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have a free day due to snowfall and while this is a fairly silly
> > rule, writing a short script to rule all the java files through sed
> > should be fairly painless. As part of this change, I will commit a
> > one-rule checkstyle.xml file which just runs this 'no spaces at end of
> > line' rule. Over time, more rules can be added to that align with the
> > Accumulo community's style guidelines.
> >
> > Any objection?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 20:20