Avro, mail # user - Alternative implementation for ResolvingDecoder constructor

Alternative implementation for ResolvingDecoder constructor
Lewis John Mcgibbney 2012-02-25, 12:35
Hi,

Based on this code [0], during the process of upgrading to Avro 1.6.2, I
notice that the Constructor Summary
*ResolvingDecoder<http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.3.3/api/java/org/apache/avro/io/ResolvingDecoder.html#ResolvingDecoder%28org.apache.avro.Schema,%20org.apache.avro.Schema,%20org.apache.avro.io.Decoder%29>
*(Schema<http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.3.3/api/java/org/apache/avro/Schema.html>
writer,
Schema<http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.3.3/api/java/org/apache/avro/Schema.html>
reader,
Decoder<http://avro.apache.org/docs/1.3.3/api/java/org/apache/avro/io/Decoder.html>
 in)
has disappeared between 1.3.3 [1].

1) I suppose my obvious question, is what do I replace our constructor
implementation of line 42 in [0] with?

2) Line 57 of [0] currently makes the call to ValidatingDecoder#init(),
which again has disappeared in recent times... any suggestions please?

I thank you again in advance for any suggestions.

Best

Lewis

[0]
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/gora/trunk/gora-core/src/main/java/org/apache/gora/mapreduce/FakeResolvingDecoder.java?view=markup