HBase, mail # user - Constant error when putting large data into HBase

Re: Constant error when putting large data into HBase
Lars George 2011-12-01, 13:38
Hi Ed,

Without having looked at the logs, this sounds like the common case of overloading a single region due to your sequential row keys. Either hash the keys, or salt them - but the best bet here is to use the bulk loading feature of HBase (http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html). That bypasses this problem and lets you continue to use sequential keys.

Lars