HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop JARs and Eclipse

Re: Hadoop JARs and Eclipse
If your goal is to simply build an application, then you can use a
Maven project. Why do you require the whole of Hadoop's projects
itself on Eclipse when you can simply have the dependencies via a
maven pom.xml?

The following is what you can use in a simple maven app, to include
all necessary dependencies automatically, for example:

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
      <artifactId>hadoop-client</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.4-alpha</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

Then importing this project into Eclipse (using m2e plugin) would be
equivalent to "Adding all relevant Hadoop JARs to Eclipse".

--
Harsh J