Hive >> mail # user >> Strange error with hive jdbc and DBVisualizer

Strange error with hive jdbc and DBVisualizer
Hi,

I'm trying to get hive jdbc work with DBVisualizer. I added a new driver
using DBVisualizer driver interface and specified all the relevant jar
files. DBVisualizer can register the driver fine, load it and try to use it.
However, when the driver ultimately tries to initialize hive (HiveClient to
be specific), I see some exceptions in the DBVisualizer debug window that it
can't find the hive-site.xml (or the hive-default.xml) file at all. I've
included the hive conf directory as one of the "user specified" classpath
entries in the driver manager. Does anybody have some experience with this?

Despite the error above though, DBVisualizer is able to connect to my driver
and proceed a bit further. It fails later but I'm still looking into that.

Thanks,
Vijay