Chukwa >> mail # dev >> DirTailingAdaptor Enhanment Requests

DirTailingAdaptor Enhanment Requests
I have 2 enhancement requests for DirTailingAdaptor.

1.      Instead of using WildcardFileFilter can we use RegexFileFilter?
The WildcardFileFilter is NOT that restrictive and might monitor file
that are NOT required. By having RegexFileFilter we can restrict the
file selection and will give user very well control of files that need
to be monitored.

2.      If FileTailingAdaptor is passed as the argument to the
DirTailingAdaptor, then DirTailingAdaptor starts FileTailingAdaptor for
all files present in the directory being monitored. This might not work
for users who want to monitor only new files or files that were created
recently. I have created an adaptor that extends DirTailingAdaptor, it
reads global configuration entry and starts FileTailingAdaptor only for
those files that have last modified time stamp greater than the global
configuration entry and for new files.

Let me know what you think about these 2 requests.

Thanks,
Deepak Deshpande.

+
Eric Yang 2010-11-17, 00:01