Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha
Andrew Purtell 2012-05-09, 17:17
-1 (nonbinding), we are currently facing a minicluster semantic change
of some kind, or more than one:

There are other HBase JIRAs related to 2.0.0-alpha that we are working
on, but I'd claim those are all our fault for breaking abstractions to
solve issues. In one case there's a new helpful 2.x API
(ShutdownHookManager, thank you!) that we can eventually move to.

However, the minicluster changes are causing us some repeated
discomfort. It will break, we'll get some help fixing up our tests for
that, then some time later it will break again, repeat. Perhaps we
have no right to complain, the minicluster isn't meant to be used by
downstream projects. If so then please disregard the complaint, but
your assistance in helping to fix the breakage again would be much
appreciated. And, if so, perhaps we can discuss what makes sense in
terms of a stable minicluster consumable for downstream projects?

Best regards,

    - Andy

--
Best regards,