Hive >> mail # user >> Has anybody used index on hive tables? how was the performance gain? and best way to do index?

+
Echo Li 2013-03-19, 18:14
Re: Has anybody used index on hive tables? how was the performance gain? and best way to do index?
indexes are definitely a help if you have aggregation function in your
queries or group by's

sometimes if you have crossjoins it will be helpful as well

--
Nitin Pawar
+