Zookeeper, mail # user - Question about SyncConnected notification when server failover

Question about SyncConnected notification when server failover
Jack Luo 2012-07-31, 17:51
Hi All,

During the test of sever failover with zookeeper 3.3.5, I have following
interesting findings.

1)      If the follower sever is shut down, only the clients connecting to
this failed server get SyncConnected notification.

2)      If the leader server is shut down, all clients (doesn't matter if
they connect to follower or leader servers.) get the SyncConnected
notification.

>From my current understanding, if leader server fails, only the clients
connecting to it will connect to a new server and receive the SyncConnected
notification. Look like my understanding is wrong.

Can anyone tell me that my findings are expected behaviors? Or is there any
tricky setting in server’s configuration to solve this issue?

Many thanks!

Jack