Accumulo >> mail # dev >> SplitLarge Utility

+
David Medinets 2012-11-13, 03:19
+
Eric Newton 2012-11-13, 10:59
+
David Medinets 2012-11-13, 13:59
+
William Slacum 2012-11-13, 14:19
Re: SplitLarge Utility
Clarification: I'm all for making a shell friendly interface for invoking
SplitLarge. I don't really see a point in moving the code.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:19 AM, William Slacum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If it's used by RFile during a system invoked task, then I'd say leave it.
> If you want to make a shell friendly interface for invoking it, I'm all for
> it.
>

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> It is out of place, to me, because the Accumulo Shell should be the
>> primary mechanism for Accumulo system administration. Why have a
>> utility that can't be invoked from the Shell? Any objections to moving
>> it?
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> > Yes, I've had users accidentally ingest key/values that were so large
>> that
>> > they could not be compacted (the tablet server would run out of memory
>> and
>> > crash).  This utility allowed me to remove the large key/values and
>> > preserve them for analysis.  Why is it that you want to move it?  Could
>> you
>> > be a little more specific about why it seems out of place?

+
Eric Newton 2012-11-13, 14:24
+
John Vines 2012-11-13, 15:55