Hadoop >> mail # user >> CombineFileInputFormat in 0.20.2 version

Re: CombineFileInputFormat in 0.20.2 version
The most obvious workaround is to use the old API (continue to use Mapper,
Reducer, etc. from org.apache.hadoop.mapred, not .mapreduce).

If you really want to use the new API, though, I unfortunately don't see a
super-easy path. You could try to apply the patch from MAPREDUCE-364 to your
version of Hadoop and recompile, but that might be tricky since the
filenames will most likely not line up (due to the project split).

- Aaron