HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?

+
Nitin Pawar 2013-05-13, 14:56
+
Harsh J 2013-05-13, 16:34
Re: Install Hadoop on Linux Pseudo Distributed Mode - Root Required?
CDH is also available as tarball. So if you are planning to do tarball
installation. No root privilege is required. You can install it completely
including java. But make sure that the necessary ports in the machine are
open.
If you are planning to do a package installation, you need root privileges.
But these root permission are just for installation only.