HBase, mail # user - Import HBase snapshots possible?

+
Siddharth Karandikar 2013-08-01, 13:35
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-08-01, 13:38
+
Siddharth Karandikar 2013-08-01, 13:45
Re: Import HBase snapshots possible?
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-08-01, 13:47
Yes, the export an HDFS path.
$ bin/hbase class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.tool.ExportSnapshot
-snapshot MySnapshot -copy-to hdfs:///srv2:8082/hbase

so you can export to some /my-backup-dir on your HDFS
and then you've to export back to an hbase cluster, when you want to
restore it

Matteo

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Siddharth Karandikar <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can't I export it to plain HDFS? I think that would be very useful.
>
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Matteo Bertozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > The ExportSnapshot will export the snapshot data+metadata, in theory, to
> > another hbase cluster.
> > so on the second cluster you'll now be able to do "list_snapshots" from
> > shell and see the exported snapshot.
> > now you can simply do clone_snapshot "snapshot_name", "new_table_name"
> and
> > you're restoring a snapshot on the second cluster
> >
> > assuming that you have removed the snapshot from cluster1 and you want to
> > export back your snapshot..
> > you just use ExportSnapshot again to move the snapshot from cluster2 to
> > cluster1
> > and same as before you do a clone_snapshot to restore it
> >
> > Matteo
> >

> > On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Siddharth Karandikar <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I am testing out newly added snapshot capability, ExportSnapshot in
> >> particular.
> >> Its working fine for me. I am able to run ExportSnapshot properly.
> >>
> >> But the biggest (noob) issue is, once exported, is there any way to
> >> import those snapshots back in hbase? I don't see any ImportSnapshot
> >> util there.
> >>

> >> Thanks,
> >> Siddharth

+