Hadoop >> mail # user >> Is it okay to upgrade from CDH3U2 to hadoop 1.0.2 and hbase 0.92.1?

Is it okay to upgrade from CDH3U2 to hadoop 1.0.2 and hbase 0.92.1?
Hi,
I have used CDH3U2 for almost a year now. Since it is a quite old
distribution, there are certain glitches that keep bothering me.
So I was considering upgrading to Hadoop 1.0.3 and Hbase 0.92.1.

My concern is that, if it is okay to just install the new packages and set
the configurations the same as before?
Or do I need to download all the files on HDFS to local hard drive and
upload them again once the new packages are installed? (that would be a
horrible job to do though)
Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks.

Ed