Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop import Format Issue

+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-18, 11:20
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 11:20
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-22, 00:49
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 07:31
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-01-21, 08:38
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 08:43
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-01-21, 11:53
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 12:01
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-18, 12:31
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-01-18, 12:41
Re: Sqoop import Format Issue
Sqoop does not facilitate what you seek in #1. You will have to build an
ad-hoc system for that!
For #2 if you have only one column in your table, then add this option to
your sqoop command:
--lines-terminated-by ','

Thanks,
Abhijeet
On Jan 18, 2013 4:51 PM, "Vineet Mishra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hallo All,
>
> I am working with Sqoop to query from the database to for my Map/Reduce
> job, the issue I am struggling with is
>
> 1) Is there a way to directly pass the Sqoop Import Result to the Map for
> processing rather than storing it to file system and then processing.
>
> If above can't be done then let me know whether,
>
> 2) I want the format of the file which is coming from the sqoop import
> command  to be comma(,) separated single line file, but my output is coming
> as a multi row file.
>

> I am querying from the Database fetching a single column of some random
> values, which is coming in the format,
>
> 1234
> 1235
> 1564