Flume, mail # user - Syslog Infrastructure with Flume

+
Josh West 2012-10-26, 14:05
+
Ron Thielen 2012-10-26, 21:06
+
Ralph Goers 2012-10-29, 00:45
+
Roshan Naik 2012-10-29, 23:37
+
Josh West 2012-10-30, 09:47
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-10-31, 19:22
+
Roshan Naik 2012-10-31, 20:31
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-10-31, 20:39
Re: Syslog Infrastructure with Flume
Roshan Naik 2012-11-01, 18:19
Hari,
   The way things are progressing... it appears that HCatalog would become
part of Hive and may not have an independent existence.  The final decision
is not yet made but thats the direction it seems to be heading. So what I
am now referring to as a "HCatalog sink" could be just considered as the
"Hive/HCatalog sink" or just "Hive" sink.

-roshan
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Hari Shreedharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

>  Thanks Roshan. I understand that it makes it easier for us to use
> HCatalog - but I am not sure what percentage of Hive users actually use
> HCat. If we simply use Hive directly, we would be able to address a larger
> community - which I would definitely like (thought I don't know how
> feasible it is). I think it might be better to use Hive directly at least
> to make it more useful to a larger community.
>

> Hari

+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-11-01, 22:52
+