Drill, mail # user - Schema discovery

+
Timothy Chen 2013-10-24, 18:05
+
Julian Hyde 2013-11-01, 23:51
Re: Schema discovery
Timothy Chen 2013-11-02, 05:51
Hi Julian,

Glad to have someone responded to this :) Yes I think going beyond just
having no schema defined up front to actually giving users possibilities is
definitely a much better interactive experience.

I would imagine though that it could impact Drill, or perhaps build more
statistics capabilities in Drill to query schema info, since not all data
is just raw files but could be living in different data stores, then I
would think we need to talk through the Drill storage engine abstraction to
get those info.

I'll chat about this with Jacques and folks next monday or in the Drill
user group.

Tim