Anyone have any input here?

On Mon, 2018-07-02 at 11:50 +0000, Thomas Becker wrote:

Hey folks,

I have a question regarding potential performance impacts of running

Samza against newer Kafka brokers. We have languished on the old on-

disk message  format for Kafka for some time, and want to upgrade to

the newer format which supports timestamps. Samza currently accounts

for quite a bit of our message consumption and I am concerned that it

will cause a broker performance hit due to downconversion of messages.

I know Samza uses the old SimpleConsumer internally which does not

support the newer format. Has Samza been tested against newer broker

versions using the new message format, and if so does it have a

significant performance impact? Are their plans to move Samza to the

new consumer?
Regards,

Tommy Becker
This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments) by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments. No employee or agent of TiVo Inc. is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of TiVo Inc. by email. Binding agreements with TiVo Inc. may only be made by a signed written agreement.