From: Navina Ramesh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Connection timed out error while installing "Hello Samza"

Ok. I tried again for the "latest" branch in hello-samza and it still works.
> While installing it says "Building samza from master..."

It is expected to build from "master" in apache/samza repo. So, the output line is expected.
It is weird that you are unable to connect. Is it possible you are behind a firewall or something? Can you try to ping "git.apache.org" ? Or try the setup on a different box?
Navina