MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: authentication when uploading in to hadoop HDFS

+
Visioner Sadak 2013-08-30, 06:47
Re: authentication when uploading in to hadoop HDFS
well have access to read from hdfs using webhdfs :
===>you may want to secure it with IP and username based authentications

as of now we dunt  have any security specific to hdfs user level we have se
permissions=true for a particular user
====>if you are managing user level access control then it should be
technically safe that anyone other that hdfs superuser can not create and
change permissions for user directories.

only admin has ssh access to linux clusters
====>if no one has ssh access then password less ssh does not do any harm.

--
Nitin Pawar
+