HBase >> mail # dev >> Thinking about 0.98

Re: Thinking about 0.98
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On the thread '[UPDATE] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96
> remaining issues', Stack, our RM for 0.95/0.96 has drawn the line on a
> feature freeze and set a course for an 0.96 release to happen soon. Toward
> the end of that thread there is a bit on beyond 0.96 that I have included
> below for your reference. To summarize the discussion points:
>
> - This is a call for an 0.98 major release in early October. Let's discuss
> first if that timeframe is reasonable, and then what can and should go into
> a new major release in this timeframe.
>
> +1

My suggestion is that we limit the number of major features targeting this
version.  Can we say Tags the only Major feature that must get in and then
all major features are not blockers?

What do you think our planned 0.96 compat story is wrt 0.98?  This would be
a great opportunity to try see if the protobuf evolution path is what we
hope it is.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera