Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Branch 2 release names

Branch 2 release names
While cleaning up the subversion branches, I thought more about the
branch 2 release names. I'm concerned if we backtrack and reuse
release numbers it will be extremely confusing to users. It also
creates problems for tools like Maven that parse version numbers and
expect a left to right release numbering scheme (eg. 2.1.1-alpha >
2.1.0). It also seems better to keep on the 2.0.x minor release until
after we get a GA release off of the 2.0 branch.

Therefore, I'd like to propose:
1. rename branch-2.0.1-alpha -> branch-2.0
2. delete branch-2.1.0-alpha
3. stabilizing goes into branch-2.0 until it gets to GA
4. features go into branch-2 and will be branched into branch-2.1 later
5. The release tags can have the alpha/beta tags on them.

Thoughts?

-- Owen