Drill >> mail # dev >> Love to help

> Please add me as well.

Done.

> Btw doesn't the apache project site itself have a section for news?

That might be. Though, the point of drill-user.org, as the name suggests, is really to seed and foster the user base. Think of one customer segment we'd like to target, analysts. They might need some special wording and examples how and when and where to use Drill, in contrast to devs or devops who might deeply care re ProtoBuf vs. Avro ;)

So, for the time being, while there is no Drill software package one can download and toy around with, I suppose the main point is to gain traction, and once we have something to show, we might want to emphasis the 'usage' POV, more.

Cheers,
  Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas