Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level

Re: [DISCUSS] Move project split down a level
I like the idea of merging projects together. It save a lot of time.

However, I would like to see a detailed proposal on how this will be done and discussions on it, before moving forward on this. If this work is done, need clear messages to the developers on what has changed, and how development process is affected. These details were missing when project split was done, causing great deal of confusion and pain.

We should also address the following:
# Is project split a goal for hadoop in the future (even though we are not ready yet?). If it is, then putting projects back together might result in tight dependencies between the project. Ho do we avoid it?
# The committer list for each of the sub project today is different. How do we reconcile them?