HBase, mail # dev - 0.94 tests back in shape and some guidelines

+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-25, 19:57
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-25, 20:11
+
yuzhihong@... 2012-12-25, 21:17
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-26, 01:29
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-26, 07:38
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-26, 03:49
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-27, 06:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-28, 05:02
+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-27, 06:29
+
Stack 2012-12-26, 16:53
+
Stack 2012-12-26, 17:08
+
Stack 2012-12-26, 18:03
+
Enis Söztutar 2012-12-26, 20:02
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-27, 04:05
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-27, 19:49
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-12-27, 21:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-27, 21:03
+
lars hofhansl 2012-12-27, 06:37
Re: 0.94 tests back in shape and some guidelines
Enis Söztutar 2012-12-27, 19:26
I think it is not a matter of running the tests N times, but more so on
running different platforms. From our builds, what we see most often is
that the test runs just fine under CentOS 6, but becomes more flaky under
CentOS 5 possibly b/c of thread scheduling differences. Moreover, under
windows, the threads are not immediately scheduled to run after start()
which causes further race conditions which does not occur so frequently
under *nix systems.

For 0.94 QA, theoretically we should not this. However in practice I see
that if there is a brave soul to work on it, we will find it useful.

Enis

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If we make it too onerous we'll see fewer contributions especially in the
> test area. :)

+
Ted Yu 2012-12-29, 00:28
+