HBase >> mail # user >> Question about hbase.rpc.timeout

Re: Question about hbase.rpc.timeout
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am looking through the code - it seems like HConnectionImplementation
> keeps rpcTimeout as a class variable. I thought there is a single
> HConnection object and there is a factory of some Configuration Attributes
> (including rpc timeout) -> HConnections. Am I missing something - I dint
> see a threadlocal variable anywhere at least in the 0.94 code base ?

That is right.  The rpcTimeout is passed when we set up the
proxy/connection and then again as timeout waiting on root region.  Inside
in the proxy, there is a thread local also named rpcTimeout (see head of
HBaseRPC.java).

On each call, we pass in the rpcTimeout.  If it is different than default,
we actually make a new connection (See ConnectionId setup).

HTable operation timeout is passed to the call so looks like it is rpc
timeout.

It is tough to follow.  If still makes no sense, just say and I'll do a
writeup.

St.Ack