Avro >> mail # user >> Question about Avro "records"

Re: Question about Avro "records"
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Francis Galiegue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hmm, OK, the reader/writer distinction is something I am not accustomed to.
>
> http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/spec.html#Schema+Resolution
>
> Doug

Hmmm, that does not quite answer my question about production of default values.

For instance, when emitting data from an avro schema which reads:

{
    "type": "record",
    "name": "whatever",
    "fields": [ { "name": "a", "type": { "type": "int", "default": 0 } } ]
}

is emitting {} legal?
--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]