Sqoop, mail # dev - Suggestion for Sqoop 2 1.99.2 release

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-03-29, 20:37
Re: Suggestion for Sqoop 2 1.99.2 release
Hari Shreedharan 2013-04-01, 18:22
Hi Jarcec,

Sounds great! I think that this is a good time for an incremental release for the Sqoop 2 branch with the number of issues fixed.

+1 for community RM.
Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan
On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:

> Hi Sqoop developers,
> It has been 3 months since first release from Sqoop2 branch under version 1.99.1. Since then there has been steady activity in the development counting 75 closed JIRAs [1] with additional 9 soon to be resolved [2]. There is countless bug fixes and several new features including but not limited to adding scheme support in Generic JDBC Connector, brand new client API or adding splitter for numeric/decimal type that is essentially must have for imports from Oracle.
>
> That being said I would like to propose doing a new release in the 1.99 line named 1.99.2. Sqoop PMC has agreed to follow the same model that was in place for couple of previous releases where one committer will step up as a Mentor and will guide community volunteer to do the release. I've step up to be the mentor.
>
> During last release we had two community volunteers and sadly only one got the chance to drive the release. Having said that I think that it would be fair to give the opportunity to the other volunteer prior offering this option to the broader community.
>
> I would love to hear others thoughts!
>
> Jarcec
>
> 1: http://s.apache.org/jw
> 2: http://s.apache.org/SeI

+
Will McQueen 2013-04-01, 19:07
+
Kathleen Ting 2013-04-01, 21:55
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-04-04, 20:05
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-04-05, 02:51
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-04-05, 04:10
+
Venkat Ranganathan 2013-04-05, 05:01
+
vasanth kumar 2013-04-05, 06:12
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-04-05, 00:50
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-04-05, 07:18
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-04-05, 18:32