Hadoop, mail # dev - [PLAN] Freeze date, Hadoop 1.0.2 RC

+
Matt Foley 2012-03-12, 23:16
Re: [PLAN] Freeze date, Hadoop 1.0.2 RC
Suresh Srinivas 2012-03-14, 23:41
Matt,

HADOOP-4855/HDFS-3075 adds capability to restore failed storage directories
on the namenode. This helps
in not having to restart the Namenode for flaky NFS storage directories and
improves operability. It has already been committed
to branch-1.

I am planning to commit this patch to 1.0.2 and the other related jiras
HDFS-2701, HDFS-2702, HDFS-2703. Please consider
including it in 1.0.2 release.

Regards,
Suresh

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> It's been a few weeks since 1.0.1 closed code, and I've received a number
> of requests to plan a 1.0.2 release.
>
> I suggest close of code at 5pm this Saturday.  Please send your requests
> for inclusion of patches to this list,
> and provide committable patches by end of day Saturday.
>
> Thank you,
> --Matt
> (Rel. Mgr.)

+