Pig >> mail # user >> EvalFunc finish() closing connections prematurely

+
Mike Sukmanowsky 2013-03-14, 21:05
Re: EvalFunc finish() closing connections prematurely
Can you perhaps share more of your implementation? I can imagine a couple
of things which would cause errors like this. Are you making sure that each
instance of EvalFunc is dealing with a different connection?

That's what I'd take a look at first...if that isn't the issue, I can look
into how final() is implemented.
2013/3/14 Mike Sukmanowsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi there,
>
> I have an EvalFunc which uses an internal class that opens up connections
> to a Redis and MongoDB server.  This class has a close() method which
> closes connections to both Redis and MongoDB.
>
> In my EvalFunc implementation, I placed the close() method
>
>     @Override
>   public void finish() {
>   meta.close();
>   }
>
> But this is leading to a
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: this Mongo has been closed
>
> indicating that Pig attempted to read from Mongo after a call to finish().
>  Is this an error specific to running a Pig script locally?
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Mike Sukmanowsky
>
> Product Lead, http://parse.ly